THE YACHT WEEK X MAHO
ENTER THE YACHT WEEK X MAHO "YACHTLIFE CHALLENGE" TO WIN A WEEK-LONG YACHT TRIP IN THE MEDITERRANEAN FOR TWO (UP TO $3,000 VALUE)
As part of our partnership as the official eyewear of The Yacht Week Croatia, we are offering a winner the trip of a lifetime during the Summer of 2018 in our "Yachtlife Challenge." You can enter our contest by doing the following:
Follow our Instagram @mahoshades (if you're not already), and tag us and 3 friends in a photo (your account must be public). You must use the #Yachtlife, #Yachtweek, and the #Mahoshades Hashtags that indicate you are entering into this Contest. Your photo and caption should tell us why you want to live the #Yachtlife this summer.
A cabin for two on a sailing yacht as described on The Yacht Week's website here (up to a $3,000 value) and two pairs of Maho shades.
- Airfare to Croatia
- Port fees
- Meals for Skipper
- Yacht fuel, water, shore power
- Refundable yacht deposit
- Transfers to and from airport
- Alcohol and eating out
- Water taxis
You must enter by completing the steps above by 11:59 U.S. Eastern Time on June 30, 2018. No Purchase Necessary. By entering you agree to be bound by the Official Rules below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: “Yachtlife Challenge" (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). Employees and directors of Maho, LLC (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and advertising, promotion, or production agencies associated with this offering (and the IRS dependents, immediate family members and individuals residing in the same household as any of the foregoing persons) are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”). Void in AK and HI and where prohibited.
2. Entry Period: May 16, 2018, at 6:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) through June 30, 2018, at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
3. How To Enter: You must complete the following to enter the Contest:
Follow our Instagram @mahoshades (if you're not already), and tag us and 3 friends in a photo, with a caption explaining why you want to live the #Yachtlife.
All steps must be completed. Incomplete submissions are void. You must use the hashtags #Yachtlife, #Yachtweek and #Mahoshades so that know you have entered the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt to enter more than once with multiple identities, email addresses, or by any other means, may result in disqualification. No responsibility is assumed for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. Use of any macro, bot, script or other automated means to submit entries is prohibited.
4. Selection of Winner: One winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges on or about July 1, 2018. We will use the following criteria to judge a winner.
- Clarity in relation to the theme:
- The degree to which #Yachtlife is displayed in your photo and caption.
- Weight: 30%
- The degree to which your photo and caption convey originality and creativity in conveying #Yachtlife.
- Weight: 30%
- Brand Fit:
- The degree to which the judges think your photo and caption are a good fit with the Maho brand
- Weight: 20%
- The degree to which the Photo is high-quality, high-resolution and clear
- Weight: 20%
The winners will be notified using the Instagram account or email address supplied at time of entry. No liability is assumed for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Failure to respond to any winner notification within two (2) business days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release (where legal), and an IRS Form W-9. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identification, age, eligibility, and acceptance of these Official Rules from any potential winner prior to awarding a prize.
5. Prize/Odds: One (1) Grand Prize is available. Grand Prize consists of: (a) 7-Day cruise for two in at least a standard sailing yacht from The Yacht Week, not inclusive of airfare, port fees, skipper meals, yacht fuel, water and shore power, refundable yacht deposit, airport transfers, alcohol and eating out, or water taxis and (b) two pairs of Maho sunglasses. Travel guest must be 21 years of age at time of entry and may be required to sign a liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and all additional meals, beverages, transportation or other expenses or costs relating to the prize not expressly set forth above. Winner must have all ID and other documents necessary for travel. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by winner is allowed. Sponsor shall select the dates for the 7-day cruise from those available from The Yacht Week, and bears no responsibility for winner’s ability to travel during that week. If winner cannot travel during the selected week, the prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or any component thereof for something of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize or any components thereof becomes unavailable. The prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Any difference between advertised and actual values will not be awarded. The total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,000.00-$3,000.00.
Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
6. Prize Conditions: Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. Failure to cooperate may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner or potential guest has engaged in or does engage in any conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Each potential winner and potential guest must also comply with all requirements for proper and appropriate behavior during any prize-related activities or events. Any inappropriate behavior, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in removal from any activity or event.
7. Conditions Of Participation/Release of Liability: By entering you agree that: (a) Sponsor, Maho, LLC, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, licensors, licensees, distributors, retailers and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever for, and you release and hold harmless the Released Parties for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of or inability to use any prize or from participation or inability to participate in this Contest, including any Contest-related activity, and under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, (b) Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any severe weather, hurricane, flood, fire, war, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond their control, (c) except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agrees to confirm in writing) permission for the Released Parties and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice, statements and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the Internet, without notice, review or approval, (d) if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion, (e) noncompliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
8. General: No responsibility is assumed for (a) any damage to an entrant’s computer system or mobile device which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Contest; (b) any computer system, mobile phone, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays; (c) incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen, or entries or prize notifications; (d) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; (e) miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, mobile phone or cable transmissions; (f) any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or (g) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or any website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, technical failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any technology used in connection with this Contest. Any use of macro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified.
By participating, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages decided by a jury or a judge sitting in a bench trial.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. You agree to release Instagram and Facebook from any liability whatsoever arising from or relating to the Contest. You further agree to release The Yacht Week from any liability whatsoever arising from or relating to the Contest.
9. Arbitration Agreement. Read Carefully. The parties hereto each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Baldwin County, Alabama and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Baldwin County, Alabama. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Baldwin County, Alabama. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing).